VLC Media Player is more than enough to be the only video player you will ever need on your PC. Having said this, VLC Media Player is the more stable, flexible and lightweight among the plenty of media players available. Let it be any format VLC Media Player handles it easily and plays it without any trouble. Usually, the video players refuse to play formats that are rare or the ones that require codes and simply refuse to play the media file. But VLC Player plays any kind of audio and video formats. In addition to this, you can style and customise the player as per your wish with the abundant support that this player has.
Related post: KMPlayer Download
The Media Player is an open source software which means you can add-ons from people who create them as well as various builds will be available for the software. You can also create your own if you can. The VLC Media Player look so elegant with all of its menus are grouped together at the bottom in a very small size to be ignored. You can add audio and video effects and add more fun to your media. It supports extensions and add-ons from all over the web. Any playlist format is supported, and you can rearrange them from within the app.
VLC Media Player is highly flexible and works across different frameworks. It is available for Windows, Mac, many flavours of Linux, BSD versions, Android and iOS. The player is completely free, and installation process is very swift. The extremely cool yet simple interface will make all your operations easy. You can also convert multiple formats of media files with VLC. It will be of great useful if your device doesn’t support specific formats like .mkv in iOS devices. Thus if you are looking for a simple but powerful player that supports every format in the world like a pro, VLC media player is second to none.
Features of VLC Media Player
- Simple to use and powerful enough to play videos smoothly and fluently
- Can be used along with other programs like QuickTime, Windows Media Player, etc.
- Plays most of the codecs MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, H265, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3 and more without codec packs
- Completely secure. 100% virus free
- Persons with no technical knowledge can handle VLC Player easily
- Wiki Help for detailed guidance
- Create bookmarks and playlists
- Podcast subscriptions and Internet radio stations
- GPU decoding for HD media playback (1080p) to ease the CPU from processing
- Powerful, light and fast
- Customizable hotkeys
- Capability to repair broken content
- Record, take a snapshot, loop and frame by frame playback
- Player can be enhanced by various plugins and extensions
- Supports a wide range of formats
- Wiki help
- Good hotkey support
- Intuitive controls
- Easy to use
- Very flexible and lightweight
- Improved interface in version 2
- Supports more format in version 2
- Integration with web channel streaming services
- BluRay support
- HD support
- User interface is less consistent
- Requires advanced knowledge
Download VLC Media Player
Screenshots of VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player for Mac
The VLC Media Player for Mac is a great tool for Mac PC in playing all kinds of media formats. Just download and watch videos in any format without worrying about the compatibility as VLC supports even peculiar media formats. To point out, VLC Media Player is a great alternative for the iTunes. It has a great hotkey support if you know all the shortcuts about the player you can control it without even using the mouse. The player plays all the streaming protocols and TV capture cards. To add subtitles just add the SRT file to the folder where the media file is present, it will automatically add the subtitles. All versions of the VLC Media Player is supported on Mac.
Features of VLC Media Player for Mac
- Plays MPEG, AVI, RMBV, FLV, QuickTime, WMV, MP4 and a shed load of other media file formats
- Playback for partial or incomplete media files
- Preview downloads before they finish
- Flexible playback
- Easy to Use
- Media navigation buttons to play, pause, stop, skip, edit playback speed, change the volume, brightness, etc.
- Variety of skins and customization options available
- Includes graphic equaliser with multiple pre-sets, overlays, special effects, AtmoLight video effects, audio spatializer and customizable range compression settings
- Add subtitles to videos by adding the SRT file to the video’s folder
- Most versatile, stable and completely free
Download VLC Media Player for Mac
Screenshots of VLC Media Player for Mac
VLC Media Player for Android
The VLC Media Player for Android is a free application and is a cross-platform media player that plays any formats and also discs, devices, network streaming protocols, DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. VLC for Android is also a full audio player, with a complete database including equaliser and filters, playing all weird audio formats. The app has a user interface that is very easy to explore all your files and play them with just a touch on your screen. Various features including auto-rotation of the screen, and screen adjustments, that you can modify with just three clicks. Thus VLC for Android is an all in one tool for handling audio and video files on an Android device.
Download VLC Media Player for Android
Features of VLC for Android
- Plays all files, in all formats, like the classic VLC
- Audio and video media library, with full search
- Gestures, headphones control
- Support for network streams, including HLS
- Supports Android Version 2.2 (platform-8) or later
- Multi-core decoding
- Supports ARMv6, ARMv7, ARMv8 / AArch64, MIPS and x86
- Supports secondary display
- Audio equalizer
- Subtitles support, embedded and external, including ASS and DVD subtitles
- Multi audio or subtitles track selection
- Supports full hardware decoding
Screenshots of VLC Media Player Android
VLC Media Player for iOS
The VLC Media Player for iOS can play any file extension on your iPhone, iPad and Apple watch directly without converting. The VLC for iOS has all the features such as changing playback speed, picture controls (brightness, contrast, etc.), and the ability to switch the aspect ratio of a video. The app supports touch gestures so that you can increase/decrease the volume by swiping the screen up/down. Similarly, jump to any point by just swiping left or right on the screen. It plays a huge range of media formats on your device. If you are the one who watches a lot of movies and videos on your iPhone or iPad, then this is the best choice you can get.
Features of VLC for iOS
- Plays MKV! Supports multiple audio tracks (including 5.1), and subtitles tracks (including SSA)
- Support for network streams, including HLS, MMS or RTSP
- Full support for file servers (SMB / Windows shares and FTP)
- Includes video filters, playback speed manipulation, and fine seeking
- Web Interface for easy uploads and downloads to/from the device
- Integrated support for Bluetooth headsets and AirPlay
- Local Network service discovery with UPnP and native support for Plex
- Full 64bit support on latest versions of iPhone and latest versions of iPad
- Apple Watch extension to control playback, browse the library and more
- Completely free and open source
- Supports iOS 7.0 or later
- WiFi Uploads & Downloads, Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, OneDrive & Box.com integration
- Optional passcode lock
- On-the-fly audio and subtitles track synchronisation
Download VLC Media Player for iOS
Screenshots of VLC Media Player for iOS
VLC Media Player for Windows Phone
The VLC Media Player for Windows Phone plays almost all video and audio files and network streams. The media library has a neat user interface with metadata fetching. VLC for Windows Phone supports multi-track audio and subtitles, speed control. The player supports all formats including FLAC, MKV, MOV, TS and Ogg.
Features of VLC for Windows Phone
- Plays all formats, including the exotic ones, like classic VLC media player
- Music library management, metadata retrieval and playback recommendations
- Support for 10bit video
- Playback speed manipulation and fine seeking
- Mini audio player and background audio
- Plays MKV, multiple audio tracks, and subtitles tracks (including SSA)
- Completely free and open source
- Support for network streams, including HLS, MMS or RTSP
Download VLC Media Player for Windows Phone
Screenshots of VLC Media Player for Windows Phone
VLC Media Player – Author Description
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Supported Video formats
MPEG-1/2, DivX® (1/2/3/4/5/6), MPEG-4 ASP, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), WMV 1/2, WMV 3 / WMV-9 / VC-1, Sorenson 1/3, DV, On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Indeo Video v3 (IV32), Real Video (1/2/3/4).
Supported Audio formats
MPEG Layer 1/2, MP3 – MPEG Layer 3, AAC – MPEG-4 part3, Vorbis, AC3 – A/52, E-AC-3, MLP / TrueHD>3, DTS, WMA 1/2, WMA 3, FLAC, ALAC, Speex, Musepack / MPC, ATRAC 3, Wavpack, Mod, TrueAudio, APE, Real Audio, Alaw/µlaw, AMR (3GPP), MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, QCELP, DV Audio, QDM2/QDMC, MACE.
Supported document formats
DVD, Text files (MicroDVD, SubRip, SubViewer, SSA1-5, SAMI, VPlayer), Closed captions, Vobsub, Universal Subtitle Format (USF), SVCD / CVD, DVB, OGM, CMML, Kate.
ID3 tags, APEv2, Vorbis comment.
UDP/RTP Unicast, UDP/RTP Multicast, HTTP / FTP, MMS, TCP/RTP Unicast, DCCP/RTP Unicast, File, DVD-Video, Video CD / VCD, SVCD, Audio CD (no DTS-CD), DVB (Satellite, Digital TV, Cable TV), MPEG encoder, Video acquisition.
MPEG (ES,PS,TS,PVA,MP3), AVI, ASF / WMV / WMA, MP4 / MOV / 3GP, OGG / OGM / Annodex, Matroska (MKV), Real, WAV (including DTS), Raw Audio: DTS, AAC, AC3/A52, Raw DV, FLAC, FLV (Flash), MXF, Nut, Standard MIDI / SMF, Creative™ Voice.
SAP/SDP announces Bonjour protocol, Mozilla/Firefox plugin, ActiveX plugin, SVCD Menus, Localization, CD-Text, CDDB CD info, IGMPv3, IPv6, MLDv2, CPU acceleration.
Mostly viewed: KMPlayer Download
Comment below your views on VLC Media Player Download and if you have any queries drop it below and we will get back to you.